I haven’t written, and haven’t written and haven’t written!
Really, I just took a week off. A bunch of really cool stuff happened. I will bullet post, because… I can.
- On Wednesday of last week, I got to see a c-section. It was on one of my VERY good friend-patients, and I feel so very blessed that I got to see it. For c-sections, which are a real, surgical procedure, no one is allowed in the operating room except the father. No moms, mother in laws, or friends. I got to be the exception to the rule, and that is so very amazing to me. She wanted me to be there with her, I wanted to be there with her, and the doctors let me be there with her. This lovely lady was a patient that had undergone IVF to get pregnant, and had twins. Around 12 weeks, one of the twins was discovered to be a demise. I was devastated with her, and we did an ultrasound every week to every other week until she delivered. We became very close. She called me “Auntie Mandy” to her lovely little boy, Levi. So awesome.
- Thursday, Brock and I did our ‘engagement portraits’. I don’t have them back to share yet, but it was so much fun! We took out Brock’s dad’s ’62 Corvette (candy-apple red, and chromed) took a ton of pictures! Our awesome photographer even took a few pictures of just the car as a treat for Brock’s dad. We made Ted get in the car and take a picture with him in it. “For your grandbabies!” we told him. Next, we went and took pictures on the dock… then a few on the boat. We found some sandy beaches, and took some amazing shots of us on the rocks, up to our knees in the water… and then we got serious. Brock and I were SOAKED… but this photographer? He was in the water up to his waist to get the shots he wanted. THAT is some dedication. I can’t wait to see how they turned out. We had an absolute blast, and took almost four hours, instead of our scheduled one. So far, so worth every penny. SO worth it.
- Before our photo shoot on this same Thursday, Brock and I both had dentist appointments – cleaning and a check up. Neither of us had been in nearly 5 years. Brock had 2 cavities. I have 8… and I need to have an old root canal crowned. I can’t even BEGIN to explain how terrified and against dental work I am. I’ve had cavities filled without being numbed before because the dentist knew how much I hated needles. Looks like valium time for Mandy-O. I feel sick. (And I haven’t even begun to worry about the cost of all this.)
- I went out with my friend Jessica to see the Sex and The City movie. It only needs one word. Amazing. Go see it!
- We finally got our air conditioner fixed yesterday. After a few 90+ days in a row, you realize how much you need it. It was so much nicer in our house last night.
We’ve been working out so hard, my arms are shaking as I type this. I can’t remember anything else I wanted to say. If I do, I will post another post!
Oh, I remember something else. When I start my new job (Next MONDAY!) I probably wont have my laptop at work. That means I’ll really have to make the effort to blog outside of work hours. I think that it would be a good idea for me to get into the habit of writing before I leave for work in the morning. I have the time… might as well use it. Smart!