Ok, so Day 2 is the list post.
The course says that list posts are a good way to relay a lot of information in a short amount of time. Also, that readers like lists because they don’t involve a lot of heavy reading. Personally, I like reading them and I like writing them.
So here’s my list post.
My Mommy Confessions:
- I frequently forgo showers in exchange for a nap with the boy.
- As long as Ronan is fed and happy, I often forget to take care of myself.
- I buy baby clothes even when there is so much Ronan doesn’t wear what he has.
- I hate my stroller with a passion, and so does Ronan. We don’t use it.
- I lie to my friends and my pediatrician about Ronan’s sleeping habits because I don’t want to hear it.
- I have, on more than one occasion, imagined putting a crying Ronan down, walking out of the house, and driving until I couldn’t remember why I was driving anymore.
- Babywearing is one of my favorite things about having a baby.
- I cried the first time we gave Ronan a bottle because I thought he wouldn’t want to nurse any more.
- We didn’t get a single toy for Ronan until he was 4 or 5 months old.
- My goal used to be to take at least one picture of Ronan every single day. I failed, but there are still a TON of pictures.
- I secretly feel like I would be a much better photographer if I had a great camera – even though I know it’s not about the equipment. (I want to take a photography class!! PLEASE!)
- I love watching Brock do daddy things when he doesn’t know I’m watching. Like when he sings to Ronan while he’s rocking him. It makes me cry. And then I pretend I was busy doing something else.
- I can NEVER decide what to dress Ronan in for the day, so most days he’s just in a diaper.
- I stopped wearing makeup approximately 11 months ago.
- I go back and forth between desperately wanting another baby, and not EVER wanting another child so often, I’m never really sure which one I want.
- I can’t wait for people around me to have kids. I LOVE to see how their lives change.
- I HATE getting unsolicited advice, and try not to give out ANY, no matter how much I think it might help. (I fail at this too, but at least I’m TRYING.)
- I wish my parents lived closer, because they raised 3 great kids. I think that their influence might stop me from totally screwing up mine.
- I wish I was a magazine mom, and sometimes feel like a failure because my house isn’t clean, I don’t bake awesome things all the time, make home cooked meals, do crafts, and still find time to look amazing.
- I LOVE 2 HOUR NAPS MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THE WORLD.
- I’ve forgotten how to enjoy “Mandy” time. I need to get that back.
- Oh. this is a big one. I have no desire to throw Ronan a 1st birthday party, and I feel GUILTY like crazy for it.
I think that’s about enough. Feels good to get that off my chest.
Please, share with me your biggest mommy confession… or let me know if you share some of mine!