These last few days have put a new perspective on things.
When something as precious as your child suddenly seems so fragile, so easily taken away, all of the crap surrounding you becomes much less important. Things you used to worry about and stress over on a daily basis are no longer thought of, and minor wants and needs are ignored.
I have spent the last several days realizing I have SO much to be thankful for.
- My husband and I are both remarkably healthy people.
- My parents are both alive and well, as are Brock’s.
- We are surrounded by amazing friends that care about us.
- Our son is a treasure, every day.
- We have a home furnished with nice things.
- Brock and I are both gainfully employed, and can afford to survive from day to day.
- We have been able to reduce our debt to basics (mortgage, cars, student loans.)
- There is always food on our table (even if I don’t feel like cooking it.)
- I have the ability to communicate with everyone I care about.
- We have family close by, and even though we take it for granted, we are grateful they are there.
I could write on and on. But I’m not going to spend all day writing today. Instead, today I’m going to spend the day enjoying my Ronan, and being thankful.