I wanted to write this on Sunday, but not much ever gets done on the weekends. So here goes.
My 2011 wrap-up of major events:
- Ronan played with Fox in the snow.
- I fell down the stairs.
- Ruby Kate was born.
- Ronan turned 2 years old.
- Ronan was evaluated and found to have a severe speech delay.
- Our family became gluten, dairy and soy free.
- Ronan began speech therapy.
- Ruby and I, experiencing breastfeeding troubles, traveled to Albany, NY to see Dr. Kotlow.
- Brock, Ruby, Ronan and I moved in with Grandmom and Granddad.
- Beautiful summer days were spent swimming out in the lake.
- I learned to crochet.
- Ronans speech ability and vocabulary began to grow by leaps and bounds!
- Ruby began doing the ‘inchworm’ crawl.
- I took an IBCLC course to become a Lactation Consultant.
- Brock and I, after a rough patch, saw a marriage counselor and found it to improve our relationship immediately.
- Brock interviewed for a job at Lowe’s Corporate – and got the job!
- Ronan had a dental check-up that found 3 cavities. BOO.
- Everyone went up to the cabin for Thanksgiving.
- Our whole family enjoyed a wonderful, loving Christmas and look forward to a promising new year!
No car wrecks… no major health crises… no disasters. Even though we feel like this has been the worst year of our lives, we may look back only to find it has been one of the best.
2011 was rough, but I have the feeling 2012 is going to contain great things. I can’t wait to see what they are. I hope you stick around to see them with me.