She is my sweet model, and I can’t take too many pictures. Kinda love these a lot.
Trying to keep up with getting pictures off of my camera. That is all.
Bed head, crummy face, bug bites and all… I just love this guy.
Baby Led Weaning! BANANA FACE!!
Little man. Little man pants. Suddenly so grown up. Potty training at 2.5 years old.
Ruby is 6 months old, bouncing her way to crawling. Ronan is 2 years and 6 months.
Just for fun, I’m participating in a link up about how much we’ve learned since we took our cameras to manual mode.
I have learned:
- I suddenly pay a lot of attention to the light.
- Sometimes I’d rather adjust the aperture than the shutter speed – especially when chasing!
- I set my auto focus point to the center of the frame, and then focus on eyes… then I keep my button half pressed and frame my shot – that way, no matter how I frame my shot, the eyes are always in focus.
- Don’t pass up good lighting!
- Sometimes a high ISO is better than a blurry shot.
- I keep my camera on multi-shot. I rarely use it… but sometimes, something so wonderful happens that 3-4 of the same shot turns out the one perfect one I may have missed as I stopped to check the replay of the shots.
And this is one of the pictures I took recently of Ruby. I can probably say it’s the best picture I’ve taken yet. I naturally start to frame pictures in my mind, and can imagine how the finished product might look. It’s a process!
I have been taking lots and sharing few.
Also, I got a new lens for my camera. I have a few pictures from before I started using my 50mm f/1.8 (which I LOVE) and a few from after.
First, a terrible picture of Ruby… but an amazing hand-knit sweater from my Grandma Fran. Simply Amazing.
Chillin’. Sometimes, when Ruby is fussy, she does really well if you just lay her down… she wants a little alone time.
This is my best attempt at a brother-sister shot so far. Not working out so well.
I think she’s gonna be a pretty blue-eyes like her big brother.
Pictures from here on out are with my new lens!
The focus is wrong, but I love the picture anyways! Ronan’s favorite hang-out.
Playin’ wild with Dad!
I love to watch them. Oh so very much.
Sweet Ruby face!
And even though I just took this picture a few minutes ago, it’s my new favorite.
I still have a lot to learn – about photography, lighting, my new lens… but I’m having a lot of fun. And catching some great memories while I’m at it.